Things have been busy lately. I have been working most every day lately and the weekends are filled with chores and errands. We haven't been taking nearly as many pictures as we used to, definitely need to find more time to do that!
Silas is doing really well at the new home day care, from what I can tell he loves it! Even after three months at Beach Babies he used to cry almost every day that I dropped him off there, but by the third day of taking him to the home day care he stopped crying. I think he really benefits from the quieter environment and more personal attention from the care givers. The owner also has a 4 year old son that Silas loves. I'm so happy is it working out well. He is also getting sick less often, I'm not sure if we can really credit the new day care for that, but it is a HUGE bonus!
Silas is talking more and more every day. Now he says about 10 words, but definitely understands a lot more. It is so interesting to be able to start using language to communicate with him. It just amazes me how much he has learned in the past year. His personality is also starting to show a lot more and he definitely expresses when he is not happy with something!
He had his 15 month checkup last week, and overall Dr said he looks good. His iron is still a little low, so we are continuing to give the supplement. He eats really well and we have been trying to add more iron rich foods to his diet, but it has been a challenge. Also, his ears looked "pink and inflamed" which is consistent with fluid build up. Silas got a nasal spray to use then he gets to go back in two weeks to get his ears re-checked. Since he has had so many ear infections earlier this year, the Dr wants to make sure his ears are actually healing in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment