Friday, November 16, 2018

First (and hopefully last) ER trip

Daphne has had a little bit of a cold, the other night she work up at 1am and was breathing really fast.  She didn't seem upset and was nursing OK, but  I looked online and they said if the breathing is more than 60 breaths per minute (hers was) you should call your Dr.  After being up and woorking for awhile I called on the on-call pediatrician.  The Dr said 60 breathes per minute was way too fast for her, and she should be seen.

So, Daphne and I went to the ER at 3am.  The ER Dr said her vitals were fine and her lungs were clear, she thought the rapid breathing may just be due to the viral cold and she sent us home.  Silas slept through the whole thing, but the rest of us were pretty tired.   I stayed home with her the next day, and by that afternoon she seemed better and her breathing was back to a more normal rate.  She had a runny nose for a few days after, but fortunately seems to have recovered fine otherwise.  We are lucky!!


No comments:

Post a Comment