So it's done, the house closed escrow yesterday. Definitely a mix of feelings. Happy that it was done quickly and realtively easily, and definitely happy that it's one less thing to worry about. There are just a few loose ends to take care of, cancel the insurance, cancel trash pick up, etc. Otherwise it should be done.
It is sad though, there are a lot of memories in that house. Some good, some not so good... It was really weird being there without my parents, and especially without my mom. I guess it makes it all more real about my mom being gone. Dad has been doing OK. Overall he is adjusting better and having more good days that bad. I brought him to our house last Sunday and he really enjoyed that. I will bring him for Thanksgiving also, it's hard to imagine what the holidays will be like.
The kids are doing well and have picked out their Halloween costumes. Daphne is going to be a ballerina and Silas will be a Minecraft character. It's good to see them so excited, when they were dressing up in their costimes today, I had another urge to take a picture to share with my mom on Facebook. I'm sure it will take awhile for those urges to go away.

No comments:
Post a Comment