Friday, July 17, 2020

Summer Days

We've been trying to make the best of being home.  We're all ready to go back to "normal" but with the COVID numbers increasing so much everyday, that likely won't happen any time soon.  The announcement was made today that schools in LA county won't be able to open in the Fall.  I'm sad they won't have the school experience, but also glad that I didn't have to make the decision on trading their safety versus education.  I hope the distance program for Silas has something to offer, and Allison is looking into coordinating a teacher for a small group.  At least now we have a little more time to plan and know what to expect.

We've still all managed to stay healthy, which I'm very grateful for.  But we're all definitely under more stress and all snap at things easily.  We really do need to figure out how to make this work longer term.

It hasn't been too hot this summer, fortunately, but we've done a few water table and water balloon days.  Steve did a great job leveling the yard and we are trying to grow grass.  Maybe by the time that is ready, we'll be able to use the slip n slide. 



No comments:

Post a Comment