Saturday, August 8, 2020

New Wheels!

Our neighbors across the street have been cleaning out their garage and brought over some old tricycles their kids were done with.  Silas and Daphne both had fun riding them around the yard, I think Silas really misses the bikes they had at Eagles Nest and getting to ride them.

We have recently learned that Eagles Nest will be closed for the entire 2020 - 2021 school year.  That was hard to hear,  I was really hopeful that she would get to go and learn as much as Silas did there.  I think she would have even been in the same class as Leona and Lilly, so would have been an easier transition for her.  I'll try to arrange some small pod play dates for kids her age so she can still get some socialization.

Richmond will be starting full distance until the governor approves opening schools.  For that to happen, I believe the county needs to be off the Covid watch list for at least 2 weeks.... probably not going to happen this year.   Allison is looking at arranging some regular group activity which would be good.  I just realized today that school formally starts August 26th.... so different than I imagined it would be.  I see how much Silas loved Eagles Nest and I know he would have loved kindergarden too.  I feel so bad for them both, missing out on so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment